Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:00 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

I've augmented the Leviathan rp information somewhat.

For these two events--

*The winds of the damned
*Demon portal
*history of the Quad
*history of the Iron Citadel
*histor of the Lost Jungle

--I need a sense of when they were (what came before/after) and some more details before I can include them.

Last edited by werttrew on Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:54 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Updated with recent events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:19 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

*bump*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:28 pm 
Mortal

I'm not sure which ones you already have down or in order, though I figure this has been mentioned but I don't want to read through 10 pages.

[quote=werttrew]*The winds of the damned
*Demon portal
*history of the Quad
*history of the Iron Citadel
*histor of the Lost Jungle [/quote]

The demon portal came before the winds of the damned, they were pretty much one right after the other. I was pretty sure it was the Druids who closed the portals.

You could maybe add something about how the roads were unsafe during the time of the demon portal. The wondering demons cause a big commotion for quite a while, seems worth an add in. I am not sure what happened to make them go away though, it seemed they were there long after the portal was closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:51 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Didn't Yenko actually take over where Lorani left off, ascending to immortality? Wasn't she Knightlord of the Empire for a while?

You could, for a while, read note posts made by her while mortal on the MC boards.

Iori used to be deeply fascinated by those notes. Imagine seeing something written in your goddess' handwriting readily available for you to touch and take and, well, there you have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:58 am 
Mortal

Location: Don't scream "leper", but I'm one of those too... the Greeks.
Winds of the Damned came around after the royal games of 690.

After them, there was a pause in events until the Adepts opened the Demon Portal in Taslamar, following a ritual detailed in a book in Tlaxcala "Betrothal to the Damned" or some such.

At the same time (roughly) the Druids planted the winterwood seeds to reclaim the fields between menegroth and Losache as the Winterwood forest (with poisonous apples). While the west was fighting mottled demons, the East was trying various ways to get their farms back, first by cutting the trees then by burning them and finally by performing a ritual that drew out the blight and destroyed -every living thing- in the area. Loqui/Ain v2.0 knows more about this event. This is where things get confused a bit, as around this part, either by Adept Foul Play, or as a reaction of the MC ritual (never found out) the blight kept spreading threatening to destroy almost all of the Empire. Druids and MC tried to come up with a truce to defeat that, in the end Loqui performed a ritual without Druid help and stopped the blight's growth, at the same time turning the blighted landscape into marshes and swampland.

At this point, a second demon portal opens in the East, lesser than the one currently open in the west (yes, nobody had done -anything- about it). This motivated the Empire to devote a -small- measure of resources into investigating it. Chevan (dwiniel's rogue) being one of the MCers investigating it, along with a few more imperial citizens (me as Krauss included). They gathered clues and learned that there is a BOOK describing the ritual. Obtaining the book, they contacted those capable of coming up with a reverse ritual, and performing it. Effectively, my character handed the thing to the Hammer (allikat's hammer pally before the character exploded) and told them to get to work. As a result, a reverse ritual was made at the western demon gate which included the demons' last fight, a final strike and the final destruction of the portal. Brad (Algorab v1.0/Summ) -should- know more about this, as he was the one who handed out the post-event enlights to those that completed it.

The demon gate lasted for MONTHS. During these months, both the winterwood druid RP and Mira's meteor event happened and after the gates were closed (and after a lengthy pause) the Imperial - Uxmaln wars came to be.

So, in closing, the timeline (I think ) should read like this:

Code:
- Adepts open the Demon Gate in Taslamar, bringing forth marauding demons
- Druids plant the Winterwood Seeds in the Empire, turning half of their arable land into a thick forest with poisoned fruit and destroying the roads between North and South Empire in the process
- EoBS form economic aggreement with the west to supplicate their loss of resources and food, at the same time devoting energy in reclaiming their lands
- The Midnight Council calls forth the Blight, destroying the Winterwood completely.
- The Blight backfires and begins to spread uncontrollably.
- Negotiations between Druids and Midnight Council fail, leading Arbiter Loqui to perform a ritual alone, stopping the Blight and turning the blighted land into a swamp.
- A -second- demon gate opens in the Swamps, near N'Kashya
- The Empire devotes resources in the investigating the demon portal and delivers necessary clues to lead in its destruction in the West by the Hammer of Light. As a result the Eastern gate closes as well.

Then, much later, after Khore's re-awakening as Yed and before the incarnation of Dabi it should read

Code:
- Ibudon Rev'Ero, Grand Druid, performs a ritual with the rest of the Druids that turns the Imperial Swamplands into a deep forest whose fruits are not poisonous.

Also, isn't this when Ibudon died too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:55 am 
Mortal

Ibudon communed with his father, loqui's spirit and given the knowledge of loqui and his own druidic skills he gave his life force to heal the land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:10 am 
Mortal

So, in short, yeah, he died then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:07 am 
Quote:
Taslamar annexes unclaimed western lands and begins consruction of new outpost

That's so gimpy it's not even funny. I tried to do that from Ayamao, but was told flat out by the imms "No, we're waiting for a Taslamaran leader to get off their [REDACTED] and realise that they can expand west".

Gimpy gimps.

From Gimpland.

Quote:
Tzeech declares the annexation of Taslamar and the Kingdom of "Tzeechlamar"

And if you're going to put that in, you might as well put down that I annexed the Empire, destroyed the statue of the Emperor (with the help of other notables), and busted up the MC for a few months.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:20 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Assuming you're not just making a point, p-wn!, give me a before/after reference for that event.

Last edited by werttrew on Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next