Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:40 am 
Mortal Contributor

I remember Gene. Think his name was Gene Hoku Galdis, really funny character. Once tried to kill allender with a two handed sword and he was a swash. Lots of laughs. Just out of curiousity, what mud you playing now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:55 am 
Mortal

Orac wrote:
I remember Gene. Think his name was Gene Hoku Galdis, really funny character. Once tried to kill allender with a two handed sword and he was a swash. Lots of laughs. Just out of curiousity, what mud you playing now?

Ha-ha! I did try to pull a lot of stupid crap, and I had not read "help armor2".

Edit: Apparently, the admins are having so many problems getting players, they won't even let me name the MuD.

Last edited by Gene on Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:52 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
The god Calrion appears from the tears of Rishivel's followers in the courtyard of Morea Castle

I thought Arkaias (sp?) slew Rish in the center square of Exile, and Calrion first appears there as a promise to the Rish faith and so forth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:07 pm 
Mortal

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was playing at the time of the burning sands, and I'm pretty sure I met Yopparai *after* that so I think his ascension was later than the whole Zhang thing.

Also, I believe the Leviathan destroyed Seawatch, and rendered the land about it a rather dangerous marsh, also Back-in-the-DayTM. You'd have to find someone who hadn't removed his logs from way back then, though!

On a lighter note, I've played SK at various times over the years (the last time was 2003) and I'd like to congratulate all the implementors and builders. It's consistently the most varied and fun to play (I've never managed more than a week of any other before getting bored), even if the downside is occasionally getting completely 0wn3d! in strange circumstances (including the birth of Ain in Teron :) He wasn't directly responsible, but it did distract me when the entire city started shaking and everyone started screaming!)

Anyway, I look forward to the finished product on this history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:11 pm 
Mortal

Hehe. My character heard the dying screams of SeaSIDE's mayor as he pleaded for help when the Leviathan threw the tsunami (and then itself) on the city, and with a few other MCers (Amberdin and Partiza I think) the first ones who went to investigate the beast's body. It was awesome... just awesome. But the MUD too was in a very mature state back then, enough to cope with the scope of all that was happening. I'll try to find a few logs, because I admit they are.. preeecccious.

Hi Gene!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:32 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Wasn't there an event held in the Monastery of the Fist? Daisuke was around, Akein still lived, and I remember there being a huge explosion and Daisuke / Tzeech / Olrin were around to help clean up and Ixthyk came to bully Daisuke around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:48 pm 
Mortal

Dahryn wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was playing at the time of the burning sands, and I'm pretty sure I met Yopparai *after* that so I think his ascension was later than the whole Zhang thing.

Yopp had ascended before I started playing in 1998. If you're talking about the appearance of the Zhang desert, that was considerably later, as it was orchestrated, as I recall, by Bug, who was still playing Akein in those days. But maybe you're talking about something else.

Dahryn wrote:
(including the birth of Ain in Teron :) He wasn't directly responsible, but it did distract me when the entire city started shaking and everyone started screaming!)

Ain wasn't born in Teron, but the city was probably victimized during my "raging at Yopp" phase.

Peace,
Bux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:17 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
Yopp had ascended before I started playing in 1998. If you're talking about the appearance of the Zhang desert, that was considerably later, as it was orchestrated, as I recall, by Bug, who was still playing Akein in those days. But maybe you're talking about something else.

Really? I played SK on and off from about '98 to 2003, so you're probably right. All those logs are loooong gone, and TBH, I can't remember any of my characters names! Yopparai was good drinking company, mind.

The whole desert thing, as I recalled it, was that the Usurper gained the favout of the elemental lord, and went a bit mad. There was (is?) a rock formation in the desert where the sands came from, and the eastern side of Nerina at the time disappeared under some large rocks. A pretty major upheaval as Nerina was very quiet compared to Exile or Teron.

Quote:
Ain wasn't born in Teron, but the city was probably victimized during my "raging at Yopp" phase.

Ah, that explains it, then. I was told, IC, by another character at the time that that's what happened, but it never really seemed to fit what had actually happened. You really gave the place a good going over, my friend. I actually really enjoyed that period, the gods were quite active, and life was _very_ spicy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:41 pm 
Mortal

nothingxs wrote:
Wasn't there an event held in the Monastery of the Fist? Daisuke was around, Akein still lived, and I remember there being a huge explosion and Daisuke / Tzeech / Olrin were around to help clean up and Ixthyk came to bully Daisuke around.

You mean the festival of life?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:15 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Dahryn wrote:
Also, I believe the Leviathan destroyed Seawatch, and rendered the land about it a rather dangerous marsh, also Back-in-the-DayTM. You'd have to find someone who hadn't removed his logs from way back then, though!

Dahryn wrote:
The whole desert thing, as I recalled it, was that the Usurper gained the favout of the elemental lord, and went a bit mad. There was (is?) a rock formation in the desert where the sands came from, and the eastern side of Nerina at the time disappeared under some large rocks. A pretty major upheaval as Nerina was very quiet compared to Exile or Teron.

Those events are in the timeline already, although not as detailed:

*Seaside [not Seawatch] destroyed/Leviathan sent back/Alshain claims the Vahhan-Timil.
*Zhang [the Usurper] occupation of Zhenshi and Craeftilin ends with the death of Zhang (638 TA)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next