Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:34 am 
Mortal

Actually, one of the underlying issues here is worthy of comment since it comes up so often. Is it proper to judge a character by his alignment?

Some do argue that people should be judged only by their actions. However, the spells "know alignment" and "detect aura" are completely in-character, as is their interpetation. Further, many people ICly know that alignment is unchangeable - as befits a society where these spells have been used for hundreds of years.

It's true that alignment is not an absolute dictate of one's behavior. But one's alignment should match one's roleplay, in that the alignment you pick should be the closest to the character's core values. Being judged on this basis is not inappropriate.

Of course, how exclusive (or hostile) a character or organization wants to be is their own IC choice - again guided by the same values that influenced them to pick their alignment. In this particular case, the good-leaning Alliance is perfectly reasonable in not entrusting a diabolic character with their country's defense.

The difficulties of finding friendship in a land where your alignment is not well-tolerated are indeed grave. This is why so many people recommended that Meztiso's character move to a different country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:12 pm 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
I thought I'd clear something up that may have been missed. Killing people when you can't be caught doesn't mean killing players. There are NPCs that you'll go to jail for killing. They're people too, but they won't remember you killed them when they return to life. You could run around a city with laws killing all the people you wanted, so long as there are no witnesses around. Provided you don't kill PCs, you'll go unreported.

Be all nice around crowds, PC and NPC, kill solo NPCs. If you feel real good about yourself, kill solo PCs and hope you get away with it.

Just a clarification about the good at day, bad at night idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:05 pm 
Mortal

meztiso wrote:
Unless I misunderstand the meaning of this I belive that even a "pure light" character would be fighting along side a "darkie".

You misunderstood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:07 pm 
Mortal

In theory, depending on the high followers, a hellion and paladin of Ain could fight together against a follower of Marfik, so a pure lightie could fight alongside a darkie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:13 pm 
Mortal

Practically it happened not long ago when both HFs of Ain(of both sides) were members of the Druids and fought alongside almost against anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:13 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
These two had a very nice concept and interesting RP, also they were brothers, one should keep that in mind before going off fighting side by side with one of the opposite allighnment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:43 am 
Mortal

Yeah, I remember one of the faith meetings with them as the HF, we were encouraged to fight Marfik alongside the other half, and persuade them to join the true side(The Eye of course).