Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newbie Hometown question
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:10 am 

I'm new and so far I like this game. People have been very helpful and I was very confident about having fun in this game before coming here and reading some of the stuff. However I'm still going to give it a go, so here is my question: How can I change my character's hometown?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:23 am 
All kingdoms with the exception of Teron have tribunals. Their leaders can deport you from your current kingdom and also the tribunal leader of the kingdom you wish to go to can immigrate you.

In Teron one can deport and immigrate themselves through a neat script built by Nashira. Just find the teron housing office and you will be good to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:02 am 
Mortal

To find out the name of your local tribunal, use 'help tribunal'.

Peacekeepers have Taslamar, the Midnight Council has the Empire, the council of Necromancers rules Krychire, the Talons of the feathered dragon rule Zhenshi, and the Guardians of the Ayamaoan Alliance hold sway over Ayamao.

You can generally get a good guess as to who is in what tribunal (or cabal) from a look at the who list, which you can see by typing 'who'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:38 am 
Mortal

You'll see a lot of stuff here on the forums. Some of it is angry players attacking other players. Some is not. Unfortunately SK is like anything thing else. When you put a group of people together, there is a high percentage possibility not all of them will get along. Nothing is different here. The important thing is, through all the mess, stick with it. Not everyone hates you :P

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:01 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Yea, what sleeper said. Some people can be harsh on the forums, but most of the people here are really nice. Pay them no mind :D

To lay this out in list fashion...

1. Deport yourself from your current kingdom (contact your local tribunal leader and ask them to deport you. You should receive a message saying "You have been deported from XXX!").

2. Immigrate into the new kingdom (Contact the tribunal leaders there and ask them to immigrate you).

All kingdoms have a tribunal except Teron, which has the housing authority which you can do some neat stuff and get immigrated automatically (though you still need to be deported).

If you can't figure out who the tribunal leader is of any kingdom, one of the best bets is to ask any PCs you see on the street or hang out in the inn for a while. If that doesn't work, try asking in the Exile Inn or sending a tell to somebody who looks important on the who list.

Now, if you figure out the leader name but can't seem to catch them online try asking another tribunal member to get in contact with them for you. If that also doesn't work, try putting a note up. If that STILL doesn't work, send an e-mail to the IMM in charge of that tribunal (IMM responsibilities are listed in the announcements forum).

Good luck and welcome to SK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:17 pm 

My character is from Teron so I went to the housing offices but I don't know how to get them to deport me. Any help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:51 pm 
Mortal

Type 'list'. There should be some deportation documents for sale. Examine the documents carefully, and then sign them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:25 pm 
Mortal

Don't tell me you're the griffon I dragged out of Teron earlier? :D Not the world's smartest starting city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:52 pm 
Mortal

It's a fun starting city, but not good for griffons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:52 pm 
Mortal

allikat wrote:
Don't tell me you're the griffon I dragged out of Teron earlier? :D Not the world's smartest starting city.

Griffon's are impractical anyway.
8)