Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bank Account
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 am 

I logged off lastnight and had over 10 obsidian in my bank account - cant' remember the exact amount and haven't learned how to log properly.

I go this morning to deposit 1 obsidian and a bit, and my account is down to 3 obsidian total? Is this usual?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Bank Account
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:36 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Katrix
That is odd, I know when I first stated and checked my balance for the first time I had 1 Plat in my bank. Not sure if that is a starter thing, such as open a balance with SK-Bank and get 1 Plat as a thank you. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 am 

I've been levelling and an IC player gave her three obsidian yesterday too. She is almost journeyman, so I know for sure I had over 10 obsidian in the bank.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 am 
Mortal

When a char is pretty inacttive over the month, a fair amount of their bank stash and eq can be confiscated. For a new char however this shouldn't be a cause for concern, though maybe this got buggy.
The only other thing I can think of that drains personal bank accounts is the law in certain lands for certain crimes. If your char had a run-in with the law, they might have had a bank levy.
If that's not the case, then something fishy might be going on and I'd let sargas or dulrik know about it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:05 am 

Had no illegal stuff that I am aware of... I am in the city and haven't been in jail or anything with the char?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:09 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Are you a new character? As zryych mentioned, inactive characters have their coin reduced at the monthly reboot (Last night). It's possible that if your character was recently rolled, then the monthly reboot considered you "inactive" because you only played a few hours over the last few days. My guess is that's what happened, but it isn't something that will affect you in the future.

It definitely seems, in that case, that new characters should be excluded from the coin calculations. The only other type of stripping that occurs at the monthly reboot is that inactive characters lose high-level loot: Which is obviously not necessary for freshly rolled characters.

If you are playing a new character and lost some coin, then I'm sorry: That's into bug territory. That said don't worry about losing it too much: Of all things to gather in this game coin isn't that bad, and any high level character will be glad to help you out with recouping your losses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:18 am 

Oh that makes sense, I only began yesterday so that makes total sense. Thank you all for you comments and help!

I'll leave it be then!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:13 pm 
Mortal

Nique wrote:
I logged off lastnight and had over 10 obsidian in my bank account - cant' remember the exact amount and haven't learned how to log properly.

I go this morning to deposit 1 obsidian and a bit, and my account is down to 3 obsidian total? Is this usual?

Thanks.

This is unfortunate. My best guess is that you got stripped of coin by the monthly reboot code, that among other things strips items from inactive characters. This is so that players can't hoard limited items on inactive characters. The game reboots every 1st to change certain things like paragon flags, determine if you've been active enough to keep cabal/tribunal/religious leadership privileges, and other things. I think the game just determined that you simply didn't have enough hours on your obviously new character to have that much money.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:03 am 
Mortal

Same thing happened to my account on an alt last night. But I've logged 50hrs on the alt in the past two weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:25 am 
Mortal

Malhavoc wrote:
Same thing happened to my account on an alt last night. But I've logged 50hrs on the alt in the past two weeks.

No castration should have happened last night. It was not a monthly reboot. This sounds like a different problem. Have you been spending a lot of time in Teron with your wallet in plain sight? :p