Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Group Play
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:41 am 
Mortal

Loved playing in multiple group situations over the weekend. Had a lot of fun with everyone and learned a lot. I'm afraid a few corpses were left unmolested on the floor due to dirt kicking induced blindness (mine and the beasties). Oops!

However, I need a little one on one training and won't be joining anymore groups for awhile. I've trained up all my skills at my current level or below that were available in the four Nerina Training Schools, and now I have to learn how to use them effectively in combination.

There are still a few more skills that I currently have no training on and would like to learn. I found the language trainer and stat trainer in Nerina, as well. Should I be checking every home in town for the remaining trainers I still need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:43 am 
Mortal

The long answer is yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:47 am 
Mortal

I figured that would be the case but didn't want to start and then come up empty. Hunting around is fine as long as you eventually catch something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:14 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
The long answer is you check EVERYWHERE for trainers. Everytime you run by a new NPC, no matter where you are, type train and you might get a pleasant surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:36 am 
Mortal

Or just ask your local Mentor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:18 pm 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
You'll find the higher level the skill, the more likely you won't be able to find a trainer in a starting city. So, definitely type train whenever coming across a new NPC. Already fair or good at a skill the NPC teaches, maybe this one is more advanced than the one who taught you. Maybe not, never know till you try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:40 pm 
Mortal

Instead of checking every NPC in town, you should probably be checking other towns. That includes not only other starting cities, but various villages and encampments scattered over the countryside.

If you're searching through the wilderness, have a pet in front of you. If you're attacked by a powerful monster that can track, you can flee, and the monster will kill the pet instead of following you. Road travel tends to be safer, but you can still get killed by some wandering imp.

The description of a village might indicate whether you're likely to find skills there. For example, a centaur village is likely to train brute fighting skills and shaman spells, but is unlikely to teach many sorceror spells.

Random wilderness travel has its rewards - but it is time-consuming and dangerous. Asking a mentor where to find skill XYZ has its advantages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:57 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
You could also send tells to players you socialized with, or others who you feel would be helpfull (If you're light aura, some visibly good guys, and the other way around.).

I always help and take new players or low-mid lvl players to the trainers they need, provided i know where the trainers are.

This way you could find trainers more easily and quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:46 am 
I thought this thread would be much kinkier than it really was.

If you're looking for skills, don't bother looking in every home. Instead, ask around. Think about what skill you're looking for. Fourth attack? Maybe you'd want to look in somewhere with a well-trained military. Uxmaln tongue? Perhaps a library, or something similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:11 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

own! wrote:
I thought this thread would be much kinkier than it really was.

If you're looking for skills, don't bother looking in every home. Instead, ask around. Think about what skill you're looking for. Fourth attack? Maybe you'd want to look in somewhere with a well-trained military. Uxmaln tongue? Perhaps a library, or something similar.

That's good advice.

Every starting city should provide players of any class with every possible skill/spell up to initiate. I know because I went through every starting city last year, making sure of it. (With two exceptions: first, there are few necromantic skills in Sith'a'Niel or paladin spells in Krychire, for IC reasons; and second, language trainers tend to be scarce). Higher than initiate, however, it may be that you'll have to go afield for them.