Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:20 am 
Mortal

Not only do I keep track, but I'm so anal about it that I have an excel sheet on it. I've also been known to spread word to all other known priests of the offender. Nothing better for a priest to get revenge on a spirit than telling other priests not to resurrect someone because they think their mortal being is better than the whole of the pantheon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:20 am 
Mortal

Priest/Priestess might also wish to remember to be polite in return and inform the poor soul they've been questioning that they are willing to perform the ressurrection. Can't remember anymore (died too many times now) who it was, but at least once I was pestering the priest/priestess because they suddenly just stopped asking questions without warning and at least twenty minutes had past by. The entire time, from first tell to the final ressurrection I was on the river. I was surprised and delighted when I finally was ressurrected and showed appropriate gratitude, but if the person performing the ressurrection had informed me I'd past the initial interview test, I would not have wasted anyone's mana (or time) by sending another tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:26 am 
Mortal

Good point, baldwama. I try to keep it in mind, but there are times I get seven to ten resurrection requests at one time, and it is hard to keep track. I just make a paper list and go right down it after they satisfy the why are you worthy questions (and sometimes not even that if Achrid knows them). So there are times those making the request will never get a response back from me except the resurrection itself (and what comes after).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:35 am 
Mortal

josephusmaximus3 wrote:
I dont even think about it either. If they dont tell me, well its their own damned problem. Ill be happy to resurrect them again and have them perform some more offerings.

Offerings???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:43 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
Offerings can be as simple as a bit of (sometimes gruesome) RP or a promise to sacrifice the next corpse of (pick a race) to the priest's god, or you may be required to pay cold hard obsidians. This depends entirely on the priest, their mood at the time, and their valuation of your worthiness. Of course, if it's a money offering and you're a puny n00b, it could be as little as a platinum. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:05 am 
Mortal

baldwama wrote:
Redressing/reequipping soon after being brought back to life is also a good idea. (Surprise, you're currently naked as a jaybird.) Don't want to give the wrong impression to anyone happening to wander by.

Of course this only helps if you can beat other attackers to a place to get re-equipped. There's been a few occasions I get killed by another enemy while naked. :evil:

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:14 am 
Mortal

dalamar wrote:
(well.... once he considered resurrecting Bain- in front of the Judge of Taslamar or Nerina, but ultimately decided against it). .

Really think twice about this course of action. A Priest within the Talons did this to a character, after the Talons were the ones that killed him. The Priest spent some time in Hell for it and an IMM told me to RP to fix it. Since when he was returned to life in front of the judge, we was immediately sent to jail. Thus instead of eventually banishing the character, I had to give him a Pardon to release him from jail, since he was sent there by dishonorable means. I wouldn't recommend this tactic at all.

Yes I know some character can get frustrating and they can even make life rough for your character on SK, but there are just some things that are in poor taste. I've also been punished for granting a pardon to a darkie and a priest he had deceived to regain life was with our judge to take what was stolen back. Needless to say I lost XP for it. *grumbles something about that damned Algorab* Hehe :lol: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:14 am 
Mortal

Hopefully, as a Newbie, you won't have collected quite that many enemies yet and have such a hard time reequipping yourself. :wink: :lol: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:26 am 
Mortal

Ilae wrote:
I'd also request the dead to be patient when a priest is doing the resurrection, a few times I've gotten a tell that interrupted the concentration and I have had to start over or rest. Along these lines, don't expect every priest to have resurrection (mastered), we do fail from time to time and it will take multiple attempts and possible periods of rest before getting you back to life, if a priest agrees don't keep bugging them unless a great length of time has passed (and 5 minutes (or less) does not equal a great length of time).

So true, I had a pony priestess that is still fairly young, trying to res me, it took about 15 to 20 minutes for her to succeed. She kept sending me tells calling me a stubborn two legger and such, it was great. :lol: She even called me a stubborn three legger a couple times too. gotta love a sense of humor. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:30 am 
Mortal

baldwama wrote:
Hopefully, as a Newbie, you won't have collected quite that many enemies yet and have such a hard time reequipping yourself. :wink: :lol: :roll:

Your time is coming Girlie, trust me. LoL :devil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next