Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Convence a possible Newbie, please...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:46 pm 
Mortal

ObjectivistActivist wrote:
There are a couple of players that are "in it to win it," and those are the only ones you will really have to worry about.

The majority of players in this MUD are good, considerate people who are in it to enjoy the experience just as much as you seem to be.

That right there should provide a pretty good answer for your questions. Yes, there are a few jerks that play this game. And every single one of them posts on the forums.

There are a lot more players that aren't complete jack wagons though, and only about half of them post on the forums. Yes, what you're concerned about DOES happen, but it's not nearly so common as you might think. Give the game a try. There are plenty of people around who are willing to RP and to help you get acclimated to the game. For instance, probably everyone that's replied to this thread. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 am 
Mortal

I really appreciate those who's posted. It really does make me feel better. From what I read, I was hoping I wouldn't be confined to sitting around a boring old kingdom and not exploring. That and the little bits and pieces I read about some of the pvp players.

But if I can avoid it (honestly) by simply not entering a cabal, or tribe, then I'm all for it. Really don't want to ruin my fun cause someone wants to stalk and kill me (for no real reason). So I guess some of my concerns are revoked. Some, I think...

Also appreciate the PMs, I look forward to creating soon~♫

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about someone just stalking and killing you out of the blue. My advice though: If it does happen (Which is again unlikely, but not unheard of), tell other people ICly about it so that they can rightly hand them their butt. It's much more fun to hear of someone getting smoked for what they did to you than to just get angry and quit playing over it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:04 pm 
Mortal

I appreciate it, Endora..lol
Yes, I can always play the helpless damsel in distress...

Possibly so many "knights" to take vengeance...its sure not to flail~♫

Thank you

Edit: for the record. I'm the sort of person that likes to be involved in the forums as well as the game...its just, its a little sad to see negative in comparison with the two halves...oh and yes, I did spell Convince wrong. Not much of a speller...

Last edited by Smoochy Bovine on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 pm 
Mortal

Though he isn't around much nowdays, I have a char that is getting pretty old and has never once been involved in PK. This char has accidently been responsible for the deaths of an evil char who love throwing the aforementioned voodoo spell around. Didn't get PKed over it. He's counted among his friends light-aurad griffons and evil murderous deep-elves. He's even tried to solicit help from the deep-elf in getting the griffon out of a jam. The deep-elf figured it out and of course tried to kill his enemy griffon, but never came after my guy. He's been invited to join in cabal raids, and turned them down to keep his life intact. He's been nosy and pried into the inner workings of secret organizations. All this and never once he's been involved in PK. And I've had an absolute blast with this character.

As someone new, if you can't find someone to RP with, there's still so much to see and explore, it'll be hard to get bored. The only caution with exploration, is that the wilderness can have some nasty nasty animals and creatures which might try to eat you. A great way to avoid a lot (though not all of that) is to pick a class that can make themselves invisible. And until you move past the very first status, you don't even have to worry about dying. You might loose your stuff, but you get your life back instantly. It's an absolutely amazing game, and though I don't have a ton of experience with other muds, once I found this one, I've never played another one again.

P.S. Also keep the New to Pyrathia thing in your title, and most people will be more than willing to help you get a good footing on things.

Post subject: Re: Convince a possible Newbie, please...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:57 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Why do I suspect this is a grep smurf?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:54 pm 
Mortal

*puts on tin foil hat*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Phreya, Kouin, Nosephthyki
patrisaurus wrote:
Why do I suspect this is a grep smurf?

Does it really matter if it is or isn't? I mean, if other new players come and take a look at this thread there is a lot of good information for them. And not as much flame/spam as one would expect to find in a thread of this nature.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:31 am 
Mortal

I've been quietly playing on and off for years and to date I've never been pkilled while minding my own business.

Even when playing a diabolic sorcerer I was helping paladins with corpse recovery after I'd sent a particular hellion to kill them. It's really how you play the game, play clever or don't step on too many toes and the game and RP is great.

This thread might even make me rez my priest who's just been logging on to keep him from being deleted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:29 pm 
Mortal

I'm glad I could make you feel obligated to revive a semi-dead character, Tumrall~♫

Uh, you know, not trying to make this a casual chat thread. But I've Googled "Grep Smurf". And I can't find the meaning of it. Sense you mention it, Tumrall, I kind of get the sense that I can never wear above average gear without getting "the stink eye". But I guess I'm just being paranoid...

And thank you, Thyki. I'd love to see SK blossom a little more then it already has...

More thanks to the positive posters, rather..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next