Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:28 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Sukra will be doing a better job on training weapons. Not a great deal higher, but it should be helpful to curb this problem. The only levels I changed were the weapons skills, the rest seemed appropriate. This should make the life of a newbie a little less frustrating, in Nerina, when training weapons skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:57 am 
Mortal

Actually, there are advanced weapon trainers for all weapons and I think ALL fighting skills INSIDE Nerina. Three of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:26 pm 
Mortal

All the cities have low leveling areas nearby. It might be nice if that was advertised near where the newbie is apt to wander, but perhaps it is better for them to bump into someone who can lend a hand when they get in over their head.

Sometimes I wonder if one can learn up to at least expert all the skills and spells from trainers in their own kingdom. It's a question I haven't been able to answer yet.

I like how different newbie schools are set up differently for different styles of play. It seems to take different strategies to be sucessful in different schools. I think this helps one get into charector and the mindset of the kingdom that they are a member of.

With the charectors I create, the stats tend to be average, and it takes me longer to level. However, I find it is much easier to level when grouped with someone else, even in newbie schools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:46 am 
Mortal

vaynereinhart wrote:
Actually, there are advanced weapon trainers for all weapons and I think ALL fighting skills INSIDE Nerina. Three of them.

Er, no. Relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:01 am 
Mortal

Radamanthys wrote:
vaynereinhart wrote:

Er, no. Relax.

Actually, Vayne is correct. However these guys aren't the easiest to find and would take a newbie to explore the city to the fullest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:51 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
I aint no newbie (despite my handle) and i have run along Nerina for quite some time now. I have found only 2/3 of them, in all this time.

Yes, there might be 3, but they are not the easiest people to find, especialy by a newbie who could get lost in teron. What Achernar did was propably the best :D

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:58 am 
Mortal

I have a harder time finding spell trainers for spells above journeyman in Nernia than combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:03 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
True, but in journeyman status you can travel. You are not considered a newbie who is trying to get a lvl or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:43 pm 
Mortal

Actually, depending on class, there are more than three advanced trainers within Nerina for skills. But they are somewhat hard to find without going in every room and typing train, unless you know where to look. Very exhasting for a newbie without refresh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:51 pm 
Mortal

Very time consuming for anyone to map out a city, even Nerina which is pretty stable at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next