Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bard Help files
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:06 pm 
Implementor

Upon further investigation, I determined you must have been using the web help and not the in-game help. Those help files had not been published to the web due to a mistake in the code for building the help html. This has been corrected and the help files updated.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:16 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Some weirdos
I was indeed using the web version, I'm sorry i forgot to mention that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:23 pm 
Mortal

Another .. sort of related question.

Does Art affect or help with Persuade?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:55 pm 
Mortal

I would have to guess no. It is based off of Cha

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:42 pm 
Mortal

A few more things: As OA mentioned, C major damages equipment and can break vials. This should go without saying, but when OA says it breaks vials, I believe a more accurate statement would be "it breaks certain substances the target is holding onto". While this is almost always vials, I've accidentally broken glass keys in dangerous areas and have had the other eight people in the group mad at me for it.

As far as B Augmented 6th goes, I have two things to note: The first is that it doesn't go through shut doors. You'll be able to lure your target into a room with promises of mudsex, get them to take off their armor, shut the door and get a good B aug 6th off before they re-equip and stomp you. Seccondly (and more importantly), when that necromancer comes to town with 24 wraiths and the pally is off jerking it in BC, B augmented Sixth turns into more than just "lolz I can hit everybody nearby", it turns into "massive AoE deaf" with that necromancer about to wet himself (deaf wraiths = no order command for the necro).

Lastly, something cool about persuade: Persuade is one of the only abilities in game that can cross the ethereal plane. Now, even with persuade mastered, if you're usuing it against somebody with pvp gear, they've got will saves thru the roof (most of the time), so Persuade is very unreliable, given its low success rate anyway. If you go into etherealform (via a scroll or friendly sorc), you can spam this ability on that swashy to taunt the priest until it works (or you get dispelled, or a number of terrible things that could happen with you).

Oh, and this was all accuracte before the code updates in the last eight months or so... not sure if any of these things have changed since then.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 am 
Mortal

laeZ1 wrote:

As far as B Augmented 6th goes, I have two things to note: The first is that it doesn't go through shut doors. You'll be able to lure your target into a room with promises of mudsex, get them to take off their armor, shut the door and get a good B aug 6th off before they re-equip and stomp you. Seccondly (and more importantly), when that necromancer comes to town with 24 wraiths and the pally is off jerking it in BC, B augmented Sixth turns into more than just "lolz I can hit everybody nearby", it turns into "massive AoE deaf" with that necromancer about to wet himself (deaf wraiths = no order command for the necro).

Good to know, esp about the Nerco ^_^

But I'm not much of a PvP person [yes I know where I am] I'm here for the Rpeez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Elspeth, Kishka, Tiamre
laeZ1 wrote:

I lol'd reading that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 pm 
Mortal

Mourning Song wrote:
laeZ1 wrote:

I lol'd reading that.

What can I say? Mudsex is OP.