Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:10 am 
My advice to newbies is to not die. It's the best way to avoid the hassles and irritations involved with the afterlife.

Wait, no, you should die once. But only because there's a one-time thing you should do in the afterlife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:44 am 

I had a superb roleplaying experience out of trying to convince a lightie priest to resurrect my dark roguesh character. Though I do not know how well did he enjoy it, since after a lengthly debate he banished me from his mind and blocked tells :) But anyway, the experience was very fun.

He tried to ask me which path do I walk, of light or darkness. On which I truthfully told him that I wouldnt know, and consider myself just plain normal. He told me that i'm definately not of pure soul since a pure soul would know he is of light, on which I've given him a long speech on how only the theologically educumated can ever get help from a priest these days, since they're learned in these spiritual matters. Eventually, he cought me skirting a question by asking me which color the sand was and what creatures were around. While I claimed that i didnt see anyone at all, my description of sand as ... sandish just ... didnt convince him. But anyway, I enjoyed the argument most fully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:43 am 
Mortal

Just a few more suggestions:

* Wait until you're on the shores of the afterlife before you first contact a priest. His resurrection spell won't work before then, but still costs him full mana.

* If you can tell what god a priest follows, read the helpfile on that god before contacting the priest. This can make your interview go much easier.

* If you succeed in being restored to life, thank the appropriate god/spirit by speech and gesture. Immediate recall is considered rude at best, evidence of lying at worst. Stay long enough to exchange a few words unless the healer dismisses you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:55 am 
Mortal

Redressing/reequipping soon after being brought back to life is also a good idea. (Surprise, you're currently naked as a jaybird.) Don't want to give the wrong impression to anyone happening to wander by.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:27 am 
Mortal

I had the best interaction with a young elf that asked me for life Monday night. Now my title is a dead give away that I am a darkie, but I was flattered that he came to me. Usually I will send lighties to lightie priests if they are on, at that time I didn't see any that I knew outright to be priests, so I decided I would let the mechanical dice give them a chance and try one resurrection on them, it worked, and they were shocked to see where they were broght back and by whom. It led to some nice RP, and I might have killed them if they did not con as an easy kill. After some playful banter, he recalled, but kept the banter up in tells, and we have made a pact to hunt each other over the course of time.

So, in short, not only can a dead darkie deceive a priest, but a dark priest can deceive a ghost, and it should lead to some great, long lasting RP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:52 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
I'm torn when an obvious darkie comes to me for a resurrection. The roleplay can be fun, but unfortunately, my character is the type who would never willingly do so (well.... once he considered resurrecting Bain- in front of the Judge of Taslamar or Nerina, but ultimately decided against it). There have been a few occasions, however, where the darkie is an obvious newbie, or the newbie leaves too much doubt in my character's mind to believe he is not a darkie. In these cases, I do try at least to direct them to a gray or darkie priest, if I know of any online at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:13 pm 
Mortal

The funniest part about those last two posts is i am the star in both! I was the elf who got life from acrhid since no one else was around, and since the char had no idea what the hell krychire was i figured i would rp ignorance! And what char was it that was gonna rez bain in front of a judge? I seem to be going for the wrong priests with the wrong chars... or is that the right priests with the wrong chars... or.. bah screw it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
I will have to add also, ask if they are wanted in the kingdom you are ressurcting them in, or make sure guards arnt around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:00 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Kirsenvar wrote:
I will have to add also, ask if they are wanted in the kingdom you are ressurcting them in, or make sure guards arnt around.

In Bain's case, that would have been the point, of course... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:44 pm 
Mortal

Kirsenvar wrote:

That's the risk one takes when asking a Achrid though...there is no fun in it otherwise.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next