Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: trouble finding training areas and food and such
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:15 pm 
Mortal

i am new to this mud and i rather enjoy but... but i seem to have trouble getting cloths after i get resserected and food to...( i can make water) the biggest problem i have is i cant find a place to train (i am a novice just incase) any directions from any one of the portals would be great

p.s

any help would be appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:32 pm 
Mortal

What race, class, and alignment are you? Additionally, what kingdom did you start in?

If you need help in a slightly more expedient manner, head to your starting area (Empire: Kytar, Krychire: Tower, Zhenshi: Proving Ground, Taslamar: Collegium, Uxmal: Arena, Ayamao: Pens) and type "mentor". With any luck, someone should be around to give you a hand. As for food, you can eat the bits you slice off of the enemies you're fighting, or find an inn that sells something a little more delicious. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:35 pm 
Mortal

The best advice that I can give you over the forums is to ask around IC. Most all of the Inn's in sk have food in them so if you getting in dire need you can always find food there. There is lots of places to get food. You just have to ask around in the game where some of those places are.

As for the place to train again ask around IC. Also there is an Area command in the game to see where areas are in your level.

Post subject: damn you guys answerd quick
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:49 pm 
Mortal

I am diabolic- a novice-warlock- and decided to follow algorab the god of fea- i started in the ayamoa(that right?) alliance with the elfs and centaurs.

I dont know why but when i recall i go to the green portal. you guys know what i am talking about? i know the wilderness area around thier fairly well and can find many trainers but nothing to gian XP on.

The main thing i want help with is finding a place ti gain XP or at least a way to make companions to help me along

P.S thanks for the incredible speed in answering my post guy's :drunk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:51 pm 
Mortal

A diabolic follower of Algorab in Ayamao?

Good luck
:roll:

Post subject: thanks but i need more help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:04 pm 
Mortal

Thanks for the fast response and all. but know i have a new problem... i am a diabolic follower of algorab in ayamao. i didint realize how bad it was till recently when my mentor told me the politics. so now i would like help on what i should do... considering i wanted to be part of the alliance to start of... and still do, any advice?

Post subject: Re: thanks but i need more help
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:54 pm 
Mortal

meztiso wrote:
Thanks for the fast response and all. but know i have a new problem... i am a diabolic follower of algorab in ayamao. i didint realize how bad it was till recently when my mentor told me the politics. so now i would like help on what i should do... considering i wanted to be part of the alliance to start of... and still do, any advice?

Well, from what I see, if you want to keep playing a diabolic in Ayamao...then either you're going to have to ICly try to avoid all law enforcement that considers you a threat...which isn't hard for them to consider you one seeing how you're diabolic. Also, what race are you exactly? Bacause if you are a deep-elf and feel the need to live in Ayamao, that's pretty much a death wish. Or, if you want to be an active citizen of Ayamao (keeping in mind you are NOT a deep-elf) then you will pretty much be facing a very hard character life in which you will most likely have to earn the trust of local rulers (ala, the Guardians).

Either way, trying a diabolic in ayamao for your first character is not a very easy and newbie-friendly path...unless of course you can pull off the RP to show your interest in being an Ayamaoan citizen, and that you can be trusted not to act on your diabolical instincts (which is a semi-cop-out if you think about it, what diabolic person would ever adhere to the rules of a principled kingdom).

But that's just my opinion, and one of the great things about SK is that if you want to RP an evil Ayamaoan person, then you can. It's probably not the first time either. My best advice to you, is just think of who you want your character to be. If he happens to be someone who wants to be in the Alliance, then revolve your RP around that subject. And if something else arises? Well, do whatever you want. It's your character, and its up to you to make it as fun as possible.

Cheers, and welcome to SK.
:drunk:

Post subject: more info on my problem
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:01 pm 
Mortal

i very much want to be involved with the amayao alliance activly... that was the first thing i decided in making my charecter. then decided to be a warlock. and finally looked at the gods and i liked algorab best. and since diabolic seems to be a good alignment for his followers. and thier i am.

i am now a initiate :o
i am half elf :D
i am a warlock 8)
i am diabolic :devil:

and i need advice on how to live a life in the allaince :( ....

P.S i really enjoy the mud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:50 pm 
Mortal

Diabolics can follow the rules. During the day he could be the most upstanding citizen, and at night, or whenever no one will catch him he could unleash his diabolical urges and instincts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:30 pm 
Mortal

is jospeh right? can i actually
"follow the rules" only when people are around :roll:
then follow my diabolic urges :devil: when it's dark or no one will cacth me???
sounds fun :wink: