Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Shady Factions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:12 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
How does one gain admittance to a faction whose players(?) are MIA or otherwise unannounced to the IC world? I would rather not be "I heard that you are in XXX, mind chatting with me about it?" Is there an immortal list anywhere which indicates who is currently overseeing each cabal/tribunal?

I've never received an email response from xxx@shatteredkingdoms.org despite having sent multiple things to various addresses that are designated for that purpose. Would rather just PM an imm directly.

Post subject: Re: Shady Factions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 am 
Mortal

viewtopic.php?t=5797

That has the contacts for who's in charge of what. But if its impossible to find out who the heck is part of what, I'd try praying in the game for guidance, that sort of thing to help get the ball rolling if you haven't had any luck for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Zryych has good advice. If you have a lot of trouble ICly finding your cabal, you may want to try firing up a prayer. Sometimes it's worth the wait though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: RAWR!
Usually it's not. There's nothing so monumentally special about the goings on of any tribunal or cabal that the player base should feel that it's impossible to become a part of. I remember back before they put the time restriction on cabal inductions. You could go RL months without even so much as serious consideration from the leadership. This was changed for a reason. Players shouldn't have to chase rainbows for the approval of other players to participate in a faction. Players who roll characters that last for a few months and then they're on to the next. You want in my faction? Great. Here you go. You end up being a [REDACTED] up? Uninduct.