Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I am dead-Urgent help needed.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:26 am 

I am in the afterlife for the first time. I am seeking the Oracle. A will-o'-the-wisp has asked me a question, after some thought I answeared 'say my answear is ......' and suddenly nothing happened. The will-o'-the-wisp is still there but doing and saying nothing. if I go west and straight back again he says Do not wander too far. but that is all I can get out of him.
I have tried sayto and reply but they just get 'They aren't here.' I have just disappeared into the void for the forth time. I read I should wait patiantly but there are limits, its been over 1 hour now. Have I done something wrong????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:33 am 
Mortal

There are multiple wisps up there. You may need to actually wander around a bit to reset things. Add'ly type: who to see if there is someone on the list whose title leads you to believe they may follow a priest, or be a shaman or elementalist/warlock path. All of these sorts have ways to also help you back to life. When you are dead, you do not appear on the who list unless a player has a spell up to detect you from the Afterlife. Make sure you tell them who you are, and that you're young and where you died (as much detail as you have area/room wise). Ensure the wisp is actually in the room (look) and use just the say command to answer the question(s) when they are asked. If you are in game and see me, feel free to ask me (tell carita <message>) and I can see what direction I can give you.

Carita

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:27 am 
Mortal

Location: My heart's in <strike>Iraq</strike> Texas with my newly re-enlisted 'som' 'soq' daughter
SK Character: Galida Apelila Shaloush Mayumi
Try looking here http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11494 and you might see the information you're looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:29 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Salak
It sounds like a bug with the wisp, Rosconz. Try to 'pray' and see if an Immortal is around to assist. If not, keep an eye on the who list for a person with a 'priestly' title, and try to get help via resurrection/raise dead. It sounds like you're kind of stuck until you can find someone else to help you.

Don't lose hope!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:17 am 

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm ok now. Never did sort it though. Someone found my corpse and brought me back. Damn it feels great to be alive.

Post subject: Re: I am dead-Urgent help needed.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:21 am 
Mortal

Rosconz wrote:
'say my answear is ......'

Did you also mispell answer in the game? That would produce the effect you are describing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:53 am 
Mortal

Wouldn't that send him away from the River into that one room which has no exits?

sleeper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:13 am 
Mortal

If the script never saw the keyword (answer), then it wouldn't do anything associated with the deathquest. If he mispelled the answer itself, then it would send him to that room, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:47 am 
Immortal (Inactive)

Benzo Balrog wrote:
If the script never saw the keyword (answer), then it wouldn't do anything associated with the deathquest. If he mispelled the answer itself, then it would send him to that room, yes.

Correct.