Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:24 am 
Mortal

Okay, so now I ask what the policy is on changing religions? While I've been enjoying the Fear faith RP, th lack of presence of followers during my time on is rather discouraging, as well as the seeming unwillingness of various followers to RP, not to mention the fact that the character is basically useless right now at apprentice without access to the higher level spells.

So what do I do? Do I have to delete and make a new character and flush this one? That seems rather unfair since I put all of MY time into the character and just can't find anyone around for an appreciable period. Or can I apply to another faith? And if I can apply to another faith, what kind of penalties am I looking at, besides the obvious drawback of having to please another HF?

If anyone with experience in this area could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:39 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
PM Alshain or some other active Immortal about joining the required religion.
Tell them how long u have been searching, and ask advice. They will inform you on what you should do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:15 am 
Mortal

While you can't change religions once you've offically joined, you haven't joined one yet. (As your lack of spell shows.) You're welcome to change your mind, without penalty.

It's true, a high priest of another faith may be skeptical at first. Finding the Raven's servants lacking in zeal and power sounds like a good IC reason to seek another god. But what draws you to another? You should expect to explain this in your interview. If you need help coming up with reasons, this might be a good time to read books or talk to followers of various religions.

Yet this is really more for you, so you pick a religion you'll be happy with. By design, religions are hard to keep people out of, barring a conflict with your alignment, class, or race. Make your desire clear, and you'll generally do fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:24 am 
Mortal

Or make a priest of Meissa! :D

More seriously, you can either PM Alshain and attempt to get into the Fear religion, or seek out another, similar faith (Sargas or maybe Ain, maybe even others) and be prepared to answer questions as to why you switched.

Best of luck with the experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:55 am 
Mortal

Benzo Balrog wrote:
More seriously, you can either PM Alshain and attempt to get into the Fear religion..

If you don't want your OOC frusteration to bleed into an IC decision to seek another church, I concur with BB's thoughts on this. If a religion is particularly inactive, the immstaff is encouraging and promoting new people to step up to the responsibility of rebuilding a Church. Maybe having a young upstart move in on some abandoned territory will put some fear back into those who have been slacking off to wake up or you'll be in a position to take the Church into the direction of your choosing.

From what I've learned, he'll either take care of this directly for you, or PM you back exactly who you should be discussing this with on staff to get it handled.

Good luck,
Carita

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:15 pm 
Mortal

Carita wrote:
Benzo Balrog wrote:
More seriously, you can either PM Alshain and attempt to get into the Fear religion..

If you don't want your OOC frusteration to bleed into an IC decision to seek another church, I concur with BB's thoughts on this. If a religion is particularly inactive, the immstaff is encouraging and promoting new people to step up to the responsibility of rebuilding a Church. Maybe having a young upstart move in on some abandoned territory will put some fear back into those who have been slacking off to wake up or you'll be in a position to take the Church into the direction of your choosing.

From what I've learned, he'll either take care of this directly for you, or PM you back exactly who you should be discussing this with on staff to get it handled.

Good luck,
Carita

I had this problem with Morcwyn and the faith of Yenko, but for completely different reasons. So, I just continually harassed the IMMstaff until I finally got invested :D I don't recommend this method. Apparently it leads to IMMhood, which causes your testicles to wither.

-toast