Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Any other nice quests?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:55 am 

I successfully managed to get tripe and onions for the man at the fountain of the King's Collegium.And with this I've managed to make friends and travel to Exile!

Are there any other quests that will take me to walk the entire game? I can't found any :(. I am still working to understand why I can go out of the collegium without haveing a pass from the commander.

Very nice game indeed. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:43 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
There are various quests in various areas. Some are for higher levels too.
The quests though just add flavour to the game, and are NOT the primary experience or target of the game.

Feel free to socialize and ask others for help, i believe you will be let our of the school when you reach the apropriate level, which i am not completely certain what it is. I think 6?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:37 am 
Mortal

If you can't keep getting passes from the commander, something's wrong with the area design. Use the "typo" command in the commander's office to notify the appropriate builder.

SK has a lot to explore, but it doesn't have many fetch-quests that send you on tours. Considering how big SK's gameworld is, I think that's a good thing. Explore it at your own pace.

Just a warning, though. Travel does have its dangers, especially off the roads. If you're going to explore, keep a pet of some kind in the rank ahead of you. That way, if you run into a nasty monster, it will still be ripping up the pet while you flee for your life. If instead you flee while you're being torn up, that monster just might track you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
And then...You die.

Post subject: Re: Any other nice quests?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Sorel
Sonam wrote:
Are there any other quests that will take me to walk the entire game?

Ask ICly about the pilgrimmage. You'll need help to complete it, but it will show you a good chunk of the game and get you to learn about the religions at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:05 am 
Mortal

http://www.shatteredkingdoms.org/quests

Keep in mind this is a small fraction of the quests avaliable. Every city has at least one, nearly every smaller town tends to have at least one or two. Everywhere you go you can pretty much find a quest, I would suggest that everytime you leave an area and go to a new one for training purposes that you explore your area and see what can be found.
While you are new to the game you are not experianced in where to go ffor the fastest training, with that in mind you will explore alot more than an experianced player which gives you the ability to find quest NPCs as your learning "new" places.

Also listen to the warning given to you in here. While Shattered Kingdoms is fun to explore and learn it can also be deadly at times. Keep your eyes open for obvious signs of death in room descriptions. Sometimes the Immortals who built the area make it obvious, sometimes they just play sick sick jokes on you and put in wimpy demon NPCs that look exactly like buff agro NPCs. Usually roads are the safest way to travel however even they have their dangers *cough* nasty imps *cough*.
Every city will offer a place to buy a pet, you should always keep that in mind when walking around in unknown places or the wild areas. Stand behind it.